2023 Summer Internship | Hybrid-NYC based
Integral’s internships provide opportunities to work with Integral, an award-winning Employee Experience agency. We partner with our clients to navigate organizational change and design employee experiences that lead to a better working environment. At Integral, we help our clients connect with their most important public: their employees.
We’re looking for interns with an interest in human interaction, communications, creativity, media, culture, and a knack for building relationships, and project management. You should have an excellent eye for visual design, be highly creative and motivated, efficient and organized, and an enthusiastic collaborator. Most importantly, the internship is designed with YOU in mind. If you love creating and communicating through design, if you want to create amazing work that both delights and achieves strategic goals, then this internship might be perfect for you.
Do: Client Work
- Adhere to Client brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline. Reviewing designs based on client/team feedback.
- Contribute to the development of visual communications products such as PowerPoint presentations, and other visual media including infographic, timelines, and graphs.
- Collaborate/support Integral team members to develop/strategize design concepts, and use storytelling to convey ideas for final client/team deliverables.
Sell: Business Development
- Contribute to developing project proposals, client presentations, timelines, and infographics.
- Prepare images to coincide with social and blog posts. Assisting in media marketing and creation using Canva.
- Assist in web development and UI/UX updates.
- Contribute to Integral’s brand efforts.
- Be a part of Integral’s Employee Activation Index team and use storytelling to create dynamic visuals to relay information.
Grow: Integral’s own culture and operations
- Contribute to organizing in-person or virtual team events, knowledge-sharing sessions, client webinars, or social media presence.
- Contribute your writing skills to Integral’s blog and/or the Integral Employee Activation Index.
- Actively be a part of our culture-building rituals and share ideas.
- You are curious about employee experience, internal and organizational communications, or workplace culture.
- You’re always yourself. At Integral, we practice authenticity and gratitude. Meaning, we’re forthright with one another and celebrate interactions that feel meaningful, legitimate, equitable, and true. Come prepared to be yourself and nothing more! Kind is clear, clear is kind.
- You’re inspired by positively impacting how employees experience their work.
- Motivated by solving problems with creative twists. The idea of coming up with a new way to do something excites you.
- You’re a top-notch listener. Whether it’s gathering insights from a client, receiving feedback, or discussing a new business opportunity, you can easily identify needs and areas of opportunity.
- You can work with a team and follow instructions but are comfortable working autonomously and not afraid to ask questions and seek clarity when confused.
- A go-getter personality: you’re eager to try new things, learn a new skill, or dive into unfamiliar territory.
- A strategy-oriented brain. You have a knack for figuring out how to get from point A to point B. And scoping out point Q along the way.
Experience & Skills
- You’re a recent college graduate or an undergraduate Junior or Senior pursuing degrees in related fields, such as Marketing, Advertisement, Communications, Digital Communications/Media, Art History, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, and Film
- Share your portfolio demonstrating a range of deliverables from print, web + social
- Prior internship experience in an agency or startup preferred, but not required
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals, user experience/interface design, information design, advertisement, social media/marketing, and corporate identity/branding
- Must have a strong design aesthetic and a good understanding of typography, photography, color, photo manipulation, and page layout
- Proficiency in digital tools such as Adobe Software including but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Figma, Canva, etc.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and Google Suite (Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Docs)
- Creative and innovative with the ability to work at a fast pace and the willingness to go the extra mile
- Experienced with Mac interface
- Basics understanding of WordPress
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong research and analytical skills (research, interviews, data, etc.) and capable of synthesizing findings in an organized, easily digestible way.
- Internship program dates are June 5th, 2023 – September 1st, 2023
- We’re willing to flex on these dates, depending on your school schedule
- Up to 40 hours per week
- Observed Holidays:
- June 19th – CLOSED
- July 4th – CLOSED
- Compensation: $20/hour up to 40 hours/week.
Internship Application Requirements
To be considered, please send ALL of the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “2023 Comms/Design Internship”:
- A resume
- A portfolio (a PDF or online link)
- A cover letter (bonus points if you share your thoughts about The Index.)
- Optional: an answer to the following question: Who is your favorite designer and why? OR What is one quote that you live by and inspires you?
Once you have submitted the above, we will contact you via email on whether or not you have been selected to move forward with an interview, and provide details on next steps.
- Integral will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship. Proof is required as a condition of employment.
- You must have received, or be willing to receive, the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. Proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.