“Demographically you can break down your workforce into different age groups etc, but when it comes to communicating, it’s critical to remember: they’re individuals.”
Our CEO Ethan McCarty offers this and more in his most recent Poppulo blog, Five tips to ensure baby boomers, millennials and gen-z loathe internal communications:
- Make your content “pale, male and stale”
- Assume baby boomers don’t get technology and should be “reverse mentored” by the young whippersnappers
- Refer to millennials as “future leaders”
- Assume Gen Z’ers want to share your press release on their Twitter feed
- Forget to include Gen X’ers
Ethan offers actionable insights and tips for more effectively engaging a multi-generational audience.